Ready to start volunteering? Here are the steps to becoming a Community Technology Network volunteer!
- Watch our Introduction to Volunteering video to find out how you can help people learn basic computer skills as a Community Technology Network Volunteer.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you’re interested in volunteering with us, your availability, and if you speak any other languages.
- Attend our Basic Volunteer Training class and learn how to be a digital literacy tutor.
- Community Technology Network will give you a volunteer position at one of our computer centers which best fits your skills, availability, location, and interests. Please commit to at least three months of service.
- Volunteer opportunities are in the San Francisco Bay Area, primarily Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., as well as a few evening and weekend opportunities.
Most of our volunteers serve as computer tutors. As a tutor, you work one-on-one with learners, providing instruction that responds to learners’ needs in real-time. This can include teaching basic skills such as using a mouse and keyboard, searching the Internet for information, communicating via social media, using e-mail and Skype, and creating documents such as resumes. Most volunteer computer tutors serve at computer labs in senior centers around San Francisco.
Computer Teaching Assistant
Experienced volunteers may be able to be placed as assistants, translators, or instructors in classes of up to 12 learners in senior centers and affordable housing developments around the San Francisco Bay Area. Curriculum is currently available in English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
Ready to start volunteering? Please complete the form below to apply! Someone will be in contact with you shortly with next steps.
Employer Zip Code:
* I prefer my volunteer location to be close to:
* I’m interested in volunteering for CTN because:
I can volunteer the following days in the morning (9:30am to Noon):ctrl+click to mark all that apply
* I can volunteer the following days in the afternoon (1:00 to 3:30pm):ctrl+click to mark all that apply
* I can volunteer the following days in the evening (6:00 to 8:30pm):ctrl+click to mark all that apply
* I am comfortably fluent in the following languages:ctrl+click to mark all that apply
If you are a current volunteer, please use this form to submit your hours.
Want to know what it’s really like to volunteer with Community Technology Network? Check out our Success Stories.
For more information about these and other volunteer opportunities at Community Technology Network, contact email@example.com.