Ready to start volunteering? Here are the steps to becoming a Community Tech Network volunteer!
- Watch our Introduction to Volunteering video to find out how you can help people learn basic computer skills as a Community Tech Network Volunteer.
- Complete our online application.
- Attend our Basic Volunteer Training class and learn how to be a digital literacy tutor.
- Community Tech Network will give you a volunteer position at one of our computer centers which best fits your skills, availability, location, and interests. Please commit to at least three months of service.
- Volunteer opportunities are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Austin, TX, primarily Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., as well as a few evening and weekend opportunities.
Most of our volunteers serve as computer tutors. As a tutor, you work one-on-one with learners, providing instruction that responds to learners’ needs in real-time. This can include teaching basic skills such as using a mouse and keyboard, searching the Internet for information, communicating via social media, using e-mail and Skype, and creating documents such as resumes.
Computer Teaching Assistant
Experienced volunteers may be able to be placed as assistants, translators, or instructors in classes of up to 12 learners in senior centers and affordable housing developments around the San Francisco Bay and Austin Areas. Curriculum is currently available in English, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Vietnamese.
Ready to start volunteering? Please complete the form below to apply! Someone will be in contact with you shortly with next steps.
If you are a current volunteer, please use this form to submit your hours.
Want to know what it’s really like to volunteer with Community Tech Network? Check out our Success Stories.
For more information about these and other volunteer opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org.