Community Tech Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, military veterans, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Use your basic tech skills to teach older adults how to safely navigate and enjoy the internet.
DO YOU HAVE:
- 1-hour a week to give
- Basic computer skills
- A caring and patient attitude
To be a Digital Coach Volunteer, visit communitytechnetwork.org/volunteer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual coaching positions are available nationwide. In-person training positions are available in San Francisco only.
The Bilingual Digital Literacy Program Manager will be energetic and enthusiastic about providing quality digital literacy training to learners from a range of cultural and economic backgrounds. We are looking for personable, hard-working team players who are open to learning new things, able to work on their own initiative, and enjoy operating in a fast-paced work environment. This manager will collaborate with team members to develop and improve digital literacy programs. The position will work primarily in the East Bay (of the greater San Francisco Bay Area).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Service Delivery Coordination and Management
- Manage partner relationships and agree on a service delivery plan with desired outcome
- Plan and manage day to day operational activities including scheduling and coordinating resources to support digital literacy programs
- Follow through on all requirements to meet program timelines and goals/objectives
- Create or adjust budgets based on project scope and parameters
- Oversee program financials and adhere to approved budgets
- Ensure service quality and cultivate partner relationships
- Organize, attend and lead regular check-in meetings
Deliver Digital Literacy Instruction
- Provide digital literacy training to adults virtually and/or in-person at partners’ sites primarily in the East Bay
- Follow an established curriculum to develop knowledge and skills to safely use technology
- Adjust curriculum to address identified needs within a student cohort
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Review trainer reports and follow up as needed
- Track program deliverables and carry out impact evaluation efforts
- Collect and report additional data as needed by funders
- Prepare and submit program reports
- Review program processes to streamline service delivery
Public Relations and Community Outreach
- Represent CTN at community-based events and conferences
- Use social media to share information about CTN programs
- Contribute content to the CTN website and monthly e-newsletter
- Assess community needs, interest and availability to participate in programs
- Bilingual in English and one of these languages: Spanish, Cantonese/Mandarin, Korean, Russian, Tagalog, Vietnamese
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- One year of experience in program coordination and/or management
- Computer and internet proficiency, and a willingness to learn new technology tools
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
IDEAL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS
- Strong interest in CTN’s mission
- Experience using cloud-based technology, such as Salesforce CRM, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be calm under pressure
- Ability to solve problems and think strategically
- Reliability and willingness to be flexible
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Full time, reporting to a CTN Senior Program Manager
- Salary: Up to $51, 250 DOQ
HOW TO APPLY
Job open until filled, CTN would like to have this position onboard as soon as possible. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Bilingual Digital Literacy Program Manager (East Bay)” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The focus of this position is to oversee CTN’s programs in Northern California, and the person taking the position must live in the San Francisco Bay Area and be able to work at least once a week in our office located near the Civic Center area of San Francisco.
You have prior experience managing nonprofit programs that involve community partners and volunteers. You are energetic and enthusiastic about providing quality digital literacy training in underserved communities, often within economically and socially marginalized populations. Your work style is a healthy blend of initiative and collaboration, self-direction and teamwork. Your previous colleagues describe you as a personable, hard-working team player who is open to learning new things, works well on their own initiative, and enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment. You are also passionate about digital literacy, public access to technology, and engaging marginalized and/or underserved populations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as stewardship, of Community Tech Network by being actively involved in program design, execution and tracking outcomes for all programs and services delivered both in-person and virtually.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on successful program outcomes.
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations.
- Lead and manage a team of program staff to provide excellent digital literacy programs serving key target audiences.
- Partner with the Executive Director to represent Community Tech Network with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Community Tech Network.
- Prepare and submit annual program budgets to the Executive Director and Finance Director for review, manage effectively within these budgets, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of Community Tech Network’s programs through sound fiscal management.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the Executive Director and staff.
- Oversee management of program related data.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Computer and internet proficiency and a willingness to learn new technology tools. Specifically, proficient with office productivity programs like Word, Excel, Google Docs and Sheet, web browsers, Google Mail and Calendar
- At least three years of experience managing a nonprofit community program and program staff
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including homeless individuals and marginalized communities
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years employment history in the nonprofit sector
- Three years of experience managing people
- Experience using Salesforce CRM
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Full time position classified as professional exempt
- Salary: $75,000 annually DOQ
- 90% of health, dental, and vision insurance paid and 50% coverage for dependents
- 17 paid holidays, including Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day
- Two weeks of vacation in year one and three weeks of vacation in year two, with further incremental increases based on length of service
- Up to two additional weeks of paid sick leave
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible work schedule, work from home as needed
- Paid professional development
HOW TO APPLY
- Job open until filled
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include “Digital Literacy Program Director” in the subject line
- No phone calls please